DBSolidEdge – Solidedge PDM
DBSolidEdge is the addin by MechWorks for Siemens Solid Edge®.
Despite of the fact is the last in line of integrated addins family, DBSolidEdge grants a wide choice of functionalities, exactly as all the MechWorks CAD integrations.
MechWorks is Siemens PLM Solution Partner.
- Start with the basic functionality right after installing with no extra training.
- Enhanced data entry: create a list of values or retrieve values from other data sources on the network.
- VBScript enabled fields can be filled based on any scripting or application. As you need better organization, DBSolidEdge provides the tool to create automatic numbering systems or drive actions on specific DBSolidEdge events.
- Save drawings with the name of the part/assembly automatically or copy information from the part/assembly record to the drawing record.
- Title blocks update themselves automatically and are so flexible that they can be the result of a script you create.
- Concurrent engineering: notify teammates working on linked documents.
- Complete revision history.
- DBSolidEdge handles configurations correctly and is compatible with revision history.
- Basic rights management with Administrator and User rights.
- Graphic tools to easily customize tables, record viewing, and external outputs.
- Customizable Html output, to create a browsable website illustrating all the documents in your project/assembly.
- Customizable BOM output in Excel sheets, ready for printing or editing, retrieves data from external data source and performs automatic calculations.
- Material Wizard Assign density to a part through a material database searching by family, subfamily or supplier.
- Outlook Style shortcut bar Organize queries, scripts, layout in custom folders, dynamic layouts display neat, accessible information for any type of document.
- Drawing « Part/Assembly Link Mode Force revisions of part/assemblies to their drawings revisions.
- DBWFilter enhanced searching tool Used in conjunction with feature names, DBWFilter can ease the search of documents that use the same type of features.
- Previous revisions multiple visualization Review and compare multiple revisions of a document in view only mode.
- Revision ROLL BACK Collapse the current revision to a previous revision with automatic removal of redundant revisions.
- DBWACLServer File Security Service Manages Windows file system protection on Solid Edge documents for absolute security.
- Local checkout mode Separates released documents from work-in-progress allowing viewers to refer only to approved items.
- Project « User management Manage the assignment of projects to DBSolidEdge users, preventing them from viewing other projects’ documents.
- Remote Access Share the database as well as the documents with remote installations.
- Workflow Integrated Workflow module with graphical processes designer.
- Briefcase Save and retrieve in/from a single zip file portions of the database including all the documents and their previously released versions. Ideal for working with remotely collaborating companies or subsidiaries.
- Master Drawing Mode DBSolidEdge considers that the drawings used internally to the company for production are not in the native CAD format, but in a industry standard format like TIFF or PDF DBSolidEdge is able to preview/open/plot/visualize previous revisions, directly managing the master drawings and not the native CAD drawing.
- Fast Preview for PDF documents.
- Released Database Mode Maintain two databases in synch inside your company.
- DBWARM DBSolidEdge Access Rights Manager.
|Solid Edge 2022||
|Solid Edge 2021||
|Solid Edge 2020||
|Solid Edge 2019||
|Solid Edge ST10|
|Solid Edge ST9|
|Solid Edge ST8||
up to R17sp2.0
|Solid Edge ST7|
|Solid Edge ST6|
Operating system (x64 only)
|Windows 11 (***)||
|SQLServer 2008 R2 (**)|
|Supported virtualization systems are VMWare Workstations.|
|Due to unpredictability of performance impact, we are not going to debug or support file encryption software working on our parameter or temporary files.|
Click here for Legacy Systems Compatibility
Mainstream support, with a current subscription service maintenance plan, includes access to technical support, resources within the MechWorks support site, and service pack updates to issues.
Extended support, with a current subscription service maintenance plan, includes access to technical support, and resources within the MechWorks support site.No further service packs will be made available for this release.
Obsolete product, no support at all.
(**) Microsoft stopped supporting on 2019, July 9th.
(***) Make sure the CAD is also compatible with such operating system