Len K. Mar & John Garfitt
The system is growing with our ideas and aims and the response time is always very good. In 2004 we will integrate Volkmann and our Sister Allma in Kempten with the DBWorks replication system.
The people from Mechworks have always open ears for new ideas like:
- the Briefcase function
- the Released Database Mode
- the Replication System
DBWorks always integrates new features in the running system so that we still have no update problem.
Our designers use DBWorks up from the first moment to save every model, assembly or drawing so that they can find it very easy.
Hans Günter Weishaupt
- Automatically generate and attach our documentation files to our Corporate PDM (Agile). The attached files are of zip & pdf formats and are attached to eco, part, & document objects from the DBWorks browser.
- Generate a formatted spreadsheet that is used to automatically create assembly structures within Agile
- Compare and highlight the differences between two drawings (different revisions)
- Automated drawing formats
- Automatically rename, relocate, and relink cad files once the user has decided to assign a part number to their design files
- Single click create a zip file of an entire assembly (with or without drawings)
- Single click a drawing to pdf
I am very impressed with the ability of DBWorks to integrate in the native environment of SolidWorks. It is simple in structure and very fast and powerful. I particularly like the ability to customize it to our needs using standard VBScripting and SQL language.
PDM is no longer a bottleneck in our company and the engineers love it!